Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 16 August 2019 at 10:18 PM Online Now!

Richard60 posted at 8:08PM Fri, 16 August 2019 - #4359629

Why do you think they spent a lot of time on the content tab? Being as it was already in the code base in the older versions that pointed to Content Paradise basically all one would need do is change the URL of where to go to point you at content to purchase. That is like 5 minutes work tops.

There's quite a bit more than that, since it's basically a mini-browser inside the application. This in turn means 4 years or so of security updates and CVE-scouring at the very least (at least I hope they paid attention to security... and no, just because it hits one base URL does not make it immune to attacks and vulns, I promise you.) But, there's also a bit more, as you intimated here...

The harder part will be with the store to make sure you get Poser items and not something else

Semi-sorta - pretty sure Rendo already tags that to some extent. The work is in getting the application to recognize and hit the Bondware (Rendo site's) API securely (and in a way that doesn't expose their API to schmucks who are a lot like me, but with bad intent), then make use of it in a way that keeps it at least somewhat seamless.

Personally, it would have been way faster and easier to put a big "Find new products!' button/Menu-item/something that calls the user's default browser, and in turn puts the onus of patching/security/etc on the browser-maker. Doing all that crap in-app is a lot of work for (IMHO) little-to-no return on that investment.