Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 19 August 2019 at 9:54 AM Online Now!

SeanMartin posted at 7:29AM Mon, 19 August 2019 - #4359807

Yes, there's a lot of content here for the Gen8 Barbies. Is the profit margin such that Rosity should throw in and support these figures? If that's the case, then prhaps DAZ shuold return the favour and throw in some support for its Poser base as well.

They kinda did, by building in the ability to import nearly all Poser content. ;)

But, we're viewing this from opposite angles, and I'm okay with that, because...

Thing is, instead of demanding that either application reach out directly to the other, why not go neutral? Use a univeral(-ish) format that both can partake of, and in the process become more appealing to the larger CG community?

Forget DAZ for a minute. Poser had(has?) a reputation for being used (even if on the down-low) by even the biggest CG snobs, pro or amateur - especially when time and/or budget is tight for a small project.

So why not capitalize on that a little more by adding to the import/export repertoire? Hence my suggestion of FBX, which is useful in multiple directions :)

What I find curious is why prices at Daz have consistently risen, even for character meshes they dont even have available anymore... which suggests things in Utah arent as rosy as one might think. Perhaps it's time for both programs to start working together, but at this point, DAZ is gonna have to make the first sincere move. IMHO, of course.

No idea... but DAZ has long since left the days when it was a rowdy startup led by crazy mofos (no, seriously, it was a blast back then). Nowadays it's probably rather corporate, what with a non-founder CEO and suchlike. What I'm getting at is that nowadays, they're likely driven more by growth and profit than by being a bunch of artists jumping at it with full abandon. I don't know for certain, though, and it's just guesswork on my part.

BUT... that said, I do know from conversations with old friends there that Utah is getting more and more expensive to live in of late... the Layton nice-neighborhood suburban McMansion that I paid $130k for in 2000, now has a Zillow/Trulia/etc estimate of around $340k_(!?)_ It's even crazier throughout the West Coast, but when CoL in Utah is shooting up that hard...