Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 21 August 2019 at 12:59 PM Online Now!

tonyvilters posted at 10:53AM Wed, 21 August 2019 - #4359970

And how "can" Renderosity improve "content"? ? ? ? All 900+ content bug reports are still at SM.... And their current "beta" testers have no clue what to look for.

to be fair, the bug report DB/site (at least the internal site) is likely part of what Rendo bought, and the bug reports are always included as part of any codebase you buy. It's pretty trivial to peel off a copy of the relevant projects out of, say, Jira, and plop it onto an external HDD (or better yet, if it's all on a separate and distinct Virtual Machine, you just shut down the VM to make it fully quiescent, peel off a copy of it to a portable HDD and ship that to Rendo with a copy of the relevant passwords. Rendo then chucks it into its VM farm, and the rest just sort of takes care of itself after maybe an hour of swapping configs to fit it to its new environment.) The rest is just building a new connection that the users can access and plop stuff onto. If they feel particularly froggy, they might just migrate the stuff from SM's tool to their own (lots of tools out there to do just that...)

Anyrate, w/o getting (err, too far) into the weeds, Rendo likely has the bug reports and just haven't exposed it to the world at large just yet.

I will be releasing a beta testers tutorial soon that will clarify many things. LOL. Euh, if I am still around by then. LOL.

That would be pretty interesting to read. You gonna announce it when you do? (I'm kinda curious, esp. to see what can be picked/learned from it procedure/policy-wise.)