Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 21 August 2019 at 1:23 PM Online Now!

wolf359 posted at 11:10AM Wed, 21 August 2019 - #4360014

Gah - why would you even bother at that point?

My sentiments exactly. Anyone unwilling to leave the poser comfort bubble is better served using Cr2 based, poser native figures .

I had to talk myself to that conclusion... you can almost trace the mis-firing path of neurons in the post you quoted the last bit of ;)

That said, I'm finding stuff happening in the opposite direction as well - the freebie NoName doll (go to the FreeStuff forum) does import to DAZ Studio, but it has rigging issues - surmountable to a point, but you won't be able to morph it too much w/o breaking the rigging. It's still somewhat compatible enough that at least one dude is making a shedload of freebies for it... Meanwhile, from what I've read of Erogenesis' PE figure rigging here and in SM's archived fora, it relies on Poser in ways that DS' Poser import process would likely barf over almost instantly the moment you tried to bend a joint in DS - if it didn't just explode outright. It's good for his figure in Poser, but not-so-good for anyone else (and not just w/ DS - I bet you'd have to rebuild the skeleton entirely in one of the big-boy applications...)

One reason why though, I actually understand, and can be summed up as more than just app-love, but a question: What if I wanted to use LaFemme and Genesis based chars in the same render or video, without having to rely on a buttload of careful P-Shop/GIMP layering/blending to pull it off? (Or, you know, a West-Side Story thang with LaFemme and Michael 8?)

Portability of assets is generally considered a good thing... but alas, it likely ain't gonna happen between these two. At least not anymore, unless DAZ ups their kit to allow importation of features only found in something newer than Poser 6 (or was it 8?)...