Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 21 August 2019 at 4:50 PM

What if I wanted to use LaFemme and Genesis based chars in the

same render or video, without having to rely on a buttload of careful

P-Shop/GIMP layering/blending to pull it off? (Or, you know, a

West-Side Story thang with LaFemme and Michael 8?)

Peng My good fellow. I am running a TEN year old version of Maxon Cinema4D (R11.5 studio.)

ZERO native support of the Daz genesis figures from G1 to G8. (and Crap FBX importer from back then)

But Thankfully Daz Studio Exports to .obj /MDD data file for pre-animated meshes with textures and I have the plugin that imports .obj files with textures and their respective MDD data files for motion.

All of the JCM and SubD fidelity is baked into the .obj files exported from Daz studio

My feature length animated, Marvel based ,fan film uses Both poser native and Daz genesis Characters. See clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjokKZX1r6I

If poser supported MDD or Alembic Cache file import that loaded the textures they way I do with C4D or Lightwave3D 2015.

One could get genesis figures in poser easily for stills and animation

However (Like FBX),you still have to first EXPORT the content from Daz studio.

Many people will never use Daz Studio as matter of "Principle".

Daz is about to release a DSON based plugin for Maya that gives you the Full "genesis experience" in Maya

See a very early build in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UGtguQoDQ

Daz inc has a strategic/financial interest in CG artists using their figures and content in other programs.

The still render/portrait/pinup crowd that makes up the core Daz user base is a limited demographic for long term growth& sustainability.

However if people at a minimum, REFUSE to install and use the free Daz studio software for export purposes and demand special native format content for their kruft ridden, vestigial legacy application.

Well they will only have figures and content made for their dwindling eco-system.

This is the reality of it.

My website

YouTube Channel