Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 · 128 posts

SeanMartin posted Thu, 22 August 2019 at 7:01 AM

Well they will only have figures and content made for their dwindling eco-system.

And hurrah and hurray for you, o enlightened one.

Look, glad you're all happy with Studio. I mean, just bunches of happy for you.

But waltzing in here and slamming a software that the site just bought and is looking to improve... I'm sorry, if this is your way of scoring debate points, you're not doing a very good job. You dont like the interface? How nice. You think the software is dead because it doesnt support Studio's never-ending parade of cookie-cutter, 20-something Barbies? How sad. We're all just devastated. You're positively thrilled that Maya will get the "full Genesis experience"? Buckets of happiness... except that DAZ tried this before and was pretty well dismissed because all it apparently had to offer the 3D world was a bunch of cookie-cutter, 20-something Barbies and not much more of real substance. "But it has more to offer!", you exclaim, pearls appropriately clutched. Maybe so, but the vision it puts out there on the internet is still one of a perveyor of hot yo mama, cookie-cutter, 20-something Barbies, which is precisely why it was so casually dismissed when it tried doing this a decade ago. You're concerned because Daz's demographic is more into pin-ups? It's how they made their fortune, such as it might be, and if that demographic is limited, DAZ did it to itself by showcasing itself as little more than what was needed for that pin-up-making demographic.

And that, sir, is the reality of it.

Now, unless you have something of substance to speak of in a Poser forum — not, I fear for you, a Studio one — then please know that your concerns are noted and someone will get back to you, as DAZ would say, "shortly".

Have a nice day.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider