Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

wolf359 posted Thu, 22 August 2019 at 2:15 PM

did I mention that for tiny side-jobs with a crap >budget and a tight

deadline, these little apps work >great.

Of course they do. All of my freelance animation work has been with poser(in the past) and now iclone pro for motion dev retargeted to genesis figures rendered in maxon C4D

Mind you, I am completely liberated from the Daz content hamster wheel since I learned to model my own custom,one off clothing and sculpt my own morphs for my preferred generations of G1-G2.

DR-DINAPOLIWEB.jpg

However small timers like you and I are already existing Daz studio users.

The true growth comes from gaining NEW users and it is my view that Daz's fixation on Maya plugins for genesis is a largely a wasted effort.

Granted that Auotdesk now has a $300 USD per year indie version for their products you may see a few more people who might buy the upcoming DSON based Dex plugin, as Maya is now actually affordable.

However the majority of the Maya user base are either already working in the CG /VFX film industry or are seeking to become employed by that industry.

Thus they tend to be very "dismissive of any pipeline that is not following the standards and practices of that industry.

This is what Daz has Failed to understand with these Genesis to Maya plugins as well as their unmitigated Failure to impress the unity Game dev market with: Morph3D, then Morph ID and now "Tafi3D" :-/

My website

YouTube Channel