Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

randym77 posted Fri, 23 August 2019 at 9:04 AM

Penguinisto posted at 8:55AM Fri, 23 August 2019 - #4360226

Sean is right - I have a habit of getting into the weeds too often, and focusing on the business side, when in reality, most of the forumites (let alone most of Poser's userbase) just wants something to make pretty pictures. Kinda what it's built for. Small businesses and freelancers will use it (a lot more than they will ever admit) as well. I'll spew it in English: Poser/DAZ figurines pop up, often unaltered/unmorphed, on airport billboards, on real billboards, in courtrooms (I used to make a tidy sum doing that long ago), on home-brew TV shows way up in the nosebleed channels, newspaper coupon inserts (that DAZ smiley/emoticon dude is pretty irritating by now), and even places like the frickin' self-checkout stands at the local grocer.

I do get the impression that Poser is used more for that kind of stuff than DAZ. I think that's the reason their default figures are more ordinary people than pinup types, and come with ordinary clothing rather than the fantasy wear DAZ leans toward. We Rosity denizens may not be typical Poser users, or may not be as typical as we think.

I have nothing against 20-something white Barbies; I've certainly bought my share of them. But I truly do want more diversity, and I hope this doesn't get lost with Poser now tied to Rosity. Nonwhite characters (thank you for Anuli, Ohki), older characters, etc. I'd like to see middle-aged characters. The few morphs and textures offered for older characters are typically really old; it's hard to create a middle-aged character - say, an attractive man or woman who is 40, not 20 or 60.