Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 23 August 2019 at 9:40 AM Online Now!

randym77 posted at 7:27AM Fri, 23 August 2019 - #4360234

I do get the impression that Poser is used more for that kind of stuff than DAZ. I think that's the reason their default figures are more ordinary people than pinup types, and come with ordinary clothing rather than the fantasy wear DAZ leans toward.

That's just catering, and both apps/ecosystems are guilty as hell about it... it's the nature of the beast. If the market wanted ordinary, it would buy ordinary (there is no lack of ordinary in either market, just that not too awful many people buy it.) Overly-Sexy or Overly-Cute sells. Nothing else comes close.

But - this is some pretty necrotic horseflesh to be pounding on, ja?

We Rosity denizens may not be typical Poser users, or may not be as typical as we think.

Exactly... the forum is but a mere fraction of a percentage of the userbase. The userbase at large, as a guess, is a combo of low-level pros who do Poser on the down-low, or (the majority) everyday people who want to make their little world-escape pictures and short animations. Of course there's quite a few wannabe prosumer types scattered about in there too...

I have nothing against 20-something white Barbies; I've certainly bought my share of them. But I truly do want more diversity, and I hope this doesn't get lost with Poser now tied to Rosity. Nonwhite characters (thank you for Anuli, Ohki), older characters, etc. I'd like to see middle-aged characters. The few morphs and textures offered for older characters are typically really old; it's hard to create a middle-aged character - say, an attractive man or woman who is 40, not 20 or 60.

Hard as hell to make one... and unless it's sexy or cute, well - you know. Mad props to whomever goes that route on principle, though... saves having to mesh it up.