Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 26 August 2019 at 8:32 AM

randym77 posted at 9:23AM Mon, 26 August 2019 - #4360476

Penguinisto posted at 8:01AM Mon, 26 August 2019 - #4360245

That's just catering, and both apps/ecosystems are guilty as hell about it... it's the nature of the beast. If the market wanted ordinary, it would buy ordinary (there is no lack of ordinary in either market, just that not too awful many people buy it.) Overly-Sexy or Overly-Cute sells. Nothing else comes close.

The thing is...if you're doing stuff like forensic animations or workplace training illustrations, you really don't need to buy anything. Poser comes with everything you need. Every once in awhile someone wanders in here looking for a safety vest or hard hat for Jessi, but otherwise...why buy anything?

I can understand why Renderosity might want to cater to what we Renderosity types want...but if we really are a "mere fraction of a percentage of the userbase," that could be a mistake. DAZ makes their living selling content, so they have to cater to people who buy content. I'm not sure that's a good strategy for Poser. They've always been more about selling software, not selling content. Most of their customers may never buy content, and maybe never will.

Well, it's been that way in the past, but like DAZ, Renderosity makes it's money selling content. Poser's never really grasped the concept of having to sell content before. It's pretty much left that up to third parties. I expect that to change somewhat in the future. I might also add, that selling content isn't the whole concept of the community. Need I remind everyone of all the content stores that have come and gone over the years?