Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 26 August 2019 at 11:21 AM

randym77 posted at 12:04PM Mon, 26 August 2019 - #4360493

Poser tried to sell content, when they were owned by E-Frontier. That was when we got Winter Queen Jessie, and Content Paradise, and the Content Paradise tab in Poser. They just weren't very successful.

Not sure what the problem was, exactly. Maybe they didn't "get" the Western market, being a Japanese company. They had some good ideas. I really liked Miki, though she had her issues. And I liked the idea of black, Asian, and Caucasian figures that could share clothing, etc. (I still see them used in corporate-type animations.) Maybe they just couldn't compete with...um, other, better established stores.

This is my belief, not an analysis. SM was not fully sold on the idea of content sales for Poser. Indeed, it's main focus, in my opinion, was and continues to be software sales. From what I understand, they didn't really want Content Paradise, they just acquired it when they bought Poser. Animation features that they could have developed to go into Poser went instead to software like Moho. Even Blender has gotten into 2D animation with Grease pencil, but it's a feature that SM's had for a while and could have added it to Poser. Or even timeline improvements, editing multiple layers, lip synching, video and motion tracking and so on. I also think Rebelle would have been a better feature added to Poser, but again that's just me.