Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

ader posted Thu, 05 September 2019 at 7:44 AM

Whilst talking about animations. How about decent tools for animating figures?

As an example, say I have a figure standing with both feet on the ground in T-Pose. I want them to raise their right knee and balance on the left foot and then bend their left knee but keep their left foot stationary and pinned in 3d space. I should be able to pin a body part (the left foot for example) in 3d space so that bending that body part effectively rotates the rest of the body around that body part.

Before anyone says to try using IK, the Ik system is "broken". If you turn IK on and off no body part should move (but it does). Also, if I set the figure up as above (standing on one leg) with Ik turned on and then move the hips down to make the knee bend the foot slips backwards and to the side.

Can anyone imagine trying to make a custom walk-cycle in Poser for quadruped let alone an octoped? That makes me think we should be able to pin more than one body part in 3d-space, as for a horse you might want the front feet anchored in 3d space while the back feet kick up, in turn moving the torso, which in turn moves the neck and the top of the front legs while keeping the feet anchored.

Recently I made a series of karate animations. Making poses is great and easy but making a sequence of animated moves between poses is a nightmare and took far longer than it would have if we could temporarily lock body parts in 3d space.

Also, since way back I have always had to add many additional key-frames for body parts to fix what I can only call body part spasms in animations. This first came to light for me when I had to make lots of office scenario animations with people typing on keyboards, sitting on chairs and standing up etc.

Or is it just me using Poser wrong since the 90s?