Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 7:28 AM

EClark1894 posted at 8:28AM Tue, 10 September 2019 - #4361271

consumer573 posted at 9:29AM Thu, 05 September 2019 - #4361260

WISHLIST ITEM (A) Make clothing directly from figure rather than just object. Right now if you want to try to make, say a figure T-Shirt drape over a chair or drop to the floor you first have to pose it, then export as obj, then re-import as obj, and now you can attempt to operate on it. Will it work all the time? no, largely due to geometry. But it sure cuts out a lot of time trying especially if the underlying *.obj is already there and all you have to do is ignore the figure aspects.

I propose you add an export tool variant to the clothing room as a clickable part of the sofftware without having to leave poser for an actual import/export. As in Clothing room button: "Make cloth obj from Figure" with "Leave original Figure? Y/N"

This isn't a Poser issue. It's a figure issue, and one that's filled with legal landmines. It's illegal for anyone other than the figure's creator to make clothing for that figure directly FROM that figure. It's in the EULA you signed when you first opened the zip file.

Pretty sure the post didn't mean creating a clothing geometry from a base figure geometry - but to take comforming clothing and turn it into dynamic on the fly in your scene.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.