Sun, Sep 29, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 7:17 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Downloading purchased files fails 80% of the time

pctech4ny ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 10:23 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 8:31 AM

So I've spent the last 6 hours attempting to download the 3 ZIP files for a purchased product. After MANY MANY attempts managed to get 2 of the files to finish (they usually fail the first several attempts anywhere from 10% to 90% completed). But the 3rd file has failed at least 6 times...

And this is my typical experience trying to download files from Renderosity since I've been buying products the last month or so.

I have no problems downloading from other sites at all. It's just here that the download progress freezes and then fails. Sometimes I can click "pause" then "resume" in my browser download window after the download progress is frozen for 30 seconds or so and sometimes that jogs it back to life but usually that fails too.

I've tried everything I can think of (site whitelisted in AV and firewall, studiously avoiding any other download activity at the same time, waiting up to an hour between attempts at the same file) but it still seems not to make any difference.

This can't be affecting everybody or mobs would be out with torches... ?

PS and it failed for the 7th time in 6 hours of attempts... time for bed.

SilentWinter ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 6:48 PM

Have you tried using a download manager like 'Down Them All' (an extension for Firefox)? These generally let you pause and resume better than the browser alone.

Which browser and OS are you using? How big are the files? It's odd that it's only happening at Rendo but I'm not sure what could cause that since it's not affecting many people (that I know of).

Silent Winter's Facebook Page:

pctech4ny ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 7:57 PM

I wonder if is partially the traffic load at different times of day? Sometimes if I start before dawn Eastern US time (not an optimal solution as I work 2nd shift and get home after midnight) I can get some files successfully downloaded for a couple of hours, but not always. For instance today I had 5 failures in a row of one file I was trying to get. Later in the day I experienced a first: almost instantaneous downloads. It was so fast there was no time for the progress to stall and fail.

I really don't care about the download speed so much as repeatedly getting to 80 or 90% of a file downloaded then it fails, so it's start all over again... and again.. and again.

Anyway I am finally caught up with the dozens of files in my backlog stretching back almost 2 weeks at one point.

nujazz ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:01 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:03 PM

I have an idea... Which OS are you using? Better yet, please visit https://www.renderosity.com/diagnostics and run our diagnostics tool there.

pctech4ny ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 10:16 PM

Today I made my first order in a couple weeks and had no problems at all downloading my files. So whatever it was seems to be no longer happening. (Maybe it was some kind of CDN-type issue like DAZ is having today; after they had a site problem today it seems to be taking forever for things to get back to normal as stuff propagates back out over CloudFlare.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.