Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Did not expect this (more default figures upcoming in Poser...)

Penguinisto opened this issue on Sep 13, 2019 ยท 54 posts

HKHan99 posted Fri, 13 September 2019 at 7:30 PM

EClark1894 posted at 7:26PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361838

HKHan99 posted at 8:22PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361822

Glitterati3D posted at 6:09PM Fri, 13 September 2019 - #4361812

All of the old, outdated content will be removed from Poser to make room for quality, updated content like this. The old content will be placed on an online file server for those who might wish to download and install it from zip files.

I think this is an excellent move. Being new to Poser, I've wasted a lot of time and had a lot of frustration trying to sort out what works with which figure, etc.

I do hope, however, that there really will be a replacement base of quality content, and that Poser won't just adopt the Daz Studio model requiring endless investment in accessories. Obviously Poser isn't going to provide everything anyone could ever want in the base package, but it should be capable of a fair range of things right out of the box. Making La Femme a flagship figure with zero clothing was a bad move, IMO, and I hope it won't be the case with the new figures.

I don't think so. La Femme was a brand new figure and she received a lot of support in a short amount of time. Plus, Renderosity wanted to sell content that was related to her.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say- that Renderosity WILL pursue the Daz model because of the way that La Femme was handled? What do you mean by "a lot of support"? When you buy Poser 11 now, you get the figure and one character morph, but there's no dedicated clothing in the package and only hair room hair, without even a skull cap. That's the kind of 'support' I hope doesn't happen with the new figs.