Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Did not expect this (more default figures upcoming in Poser...)

Penguinisto opened this issue on Sep 13, 2019 ยท 54 posts

wolf359 posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 6:10 AM

I can script my way to keep a bridge going for as long as I feel

like putting in the effort, or at worst, slowly porting the whole

mountain of crap I own into some third-party application

someday like wolf359 did (I think?).

I model My own clothing and props and custom morphs.

For me the only thing that matters is the ability to export my Daz figure content to the CG industry standard formats that my pro applications,( Maxon C4D & Lightwave3D ) can import.

Iclone pro does this via BVH for motion Data and Alembic &

Daz studio Does the same via FBX.obj and MDD.

Neither Daz studio nor Iclone are suitable final render output environments as large/complex scene management and professional compositing output options are mission impossible from those programs for my needs at least.

I think this is a really good move also ... I suspect a certain

"other company" is getting...well...concerned? LMAO

Honestly lets not start that tired old trope in this thread.

This is good news for existing poser users as bondware has made it clear that their plan for saving poser is partnering with third parties who have the experience and expertise like Hivewire seems to have.

This, however is a non event for the average Daz studio user who is tied in to the Daz genesis content eco system where everything is delivered ready to use in their free base program and the 50%+ discount sales are perpetual.

Dawn and Dusk are not new figures and certainly are not an incentive for the DS user to run over and $$buy Poser$$ to get them free any more so than Lafemme was such an incentive.

Bondware partnered with Reallusion to sell the Iclone product line here in the RMP.

And and Hivewire Partnered with Reallusion to support theHivewire figures natively in the new Character creator 3 program for Iclone that now has the IRay render engine and Character animation tools comparable to Autodesk Motionbuilder.

Was there a Mass exodus of Poser or Daz users flocking over to $$buy Iclone$$ and CC3??.

well the Iclone CC3 forum here has not had a new post in over 90 days so I would Guess..not really.

And Daz the Company is still trying to convince the professional Autodesk users to adopt thier Genesis figures with yet another Genesis to Maya plugin that will likely be largely ignored by the CG professionals who use custom assets for every TV and Movie production

So yes,.. a labor/investment free win for Bondware and a great marketing opportunity for Hivewire but certainly not a major paradigm shift in this limited hobbiest /tinkerer,still render market.

My website

YouTube Channel