Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 11.2 Update Questions

erogenesis opened this issue on Sep 16, 2019 ยท 107 posts

erogenesis posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 3:57 PM

an0malaus posted at 10:44PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362304

@erogenesis, I don't think you will be troubled with offline licensing issues, apart from my lack of understanding of how an initial registration will work with no net access.

Yes it looks like my thoughts on the matter are correct, in that I don't have anything to worry about. My offline installations (I made them permanent using the pgportal at SM, so they don't check in anymore) will obviously keep working until I wish to upgrade to 11.2. This will obviously require me to go online for a moment which is ok with me. I will pick up the downloadables on the 19th and keep them until I can risk the upgrade.

To be sure, I am just confirming with Bondware that their new version will operate independently from the SM servers and that I don't need to deactivate my license with SM first. I am assuming this should be fine too since its very likely they will have plenty of stragglers that would want to upgrade several months from now. In any case I would also assume that I'd have the right to just re-install the Rendo version of Poser with an SM license key.

However what I don't know is if the Bondware version will go back to the 'check-in' thing from before. I want to avoid that at all costs.

Please raise a ticket for the keyframe copying issues on Support (though I'm confident you'll have done that already) With sufficient details on the particular workflow that's an issue, it's possible beta testers can confirm and address/report that.

I doubt there'a any point in raising that ticket. The problem is that 11.1 has added a new data type in the keyframe string when you copy the keyframe, namely the category type. for some strange reason they chose to insert it between keytype and value, instead of appending it like with all database structures. this basically makes copy pasting between Poser versions completely useless since Poser gets confused with the order of the data. And I am pretty sure that I'm one of the few people that operates with two versions of Poser like this, so I doubt they will give a damn. I use it a lot because Poser doesn't work with instanced figures, and the replace figure feature doesn't work very well with custom figures, so I have to do the swap manually, and it works faster by opening the old scene in Poser 10 and then copying the keyframes over to Poser 11. I've since made a python script that extracts the keyframe data from an old scene without opening Poser, and it works pretty well. I can also just open a second instance of Poser on another machine and then just save the keyframe data in a notepad that I share across the LAN.

Its also a way for me to pose figures quickly in a lighter poser scene and then copying it over into a very big laggy scene. there are many advantages of being able to copy keyframes across. Hence me avoiding 11.1 all this time.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."