Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 ยท 238 posts

samsiahaija posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:25 AM

I am now heavily assuming stuff, based upon things implied in the email I received.

1 - Happy, happy, joy, joy, a trainload of new content included in Poser Pro 11.2

2 - The pending problem: Smith Micro stops their online licensing system, that had Poser phone home on a regular base to keep it running. Without this, Poser Pro 14, Poser Game Dev, Poser 11 Standard and Poser 11 Pro will no longer function. At all. (I wonder if Poser Debut 10 is also affected, as it has the same installer.)

3 - The solution to the problem: one free update that serves all.

It is heavily implied that we all get a free update to Poser 11.2 Pro. Also those on P14 Pro, P14 Game Dev or P11 Standard. One that we are being told we MUST download and install. As it would be not very nice leaving us without a working version of Poser. (It is probably quicker and cheaper then creating new patches and installers for all the affected versions of Poser) But it will mean waving goodbye to Poser 14 Pro, Game Dev, P11 Regular, etc, as they are all phased out. Unlike earlier versions of Poser, they will stop functioning, due to the Smith Micro licensing system. (So blame Smith Micro, not Renderosity. If these assumptions are correct, they're really rather generous.) To soften the blow, we will have new content to play with.