Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 11.2 Update Questions

erogenesis opened this issue on Sep 16, 2019 ยท 107 posts

erogenesis posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:59 AM

mr_phoenyxx posted at 5:53PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362668

I know I am late to the party, but I only found out about all of this today.

I also do not want to install this update any time soon. For a long list of reasons that I do not wish to type here. Just please accept that I have very good reasons. I am in a similar position to Erogenesis, but I do not have a "permanent license". Whatever that is.

Do I have any other options besides upgrading? Or am I going to lose access to the software that is my only source of income as of today?

For the record I really do support Bondware/Rendo's upgrade, and if you can, definitely upgrade , but yes some of us might not be ready to upgrade just yet. An upgrade can change up a lot of things unexpectedly and is not recommended smack in the middle of a very intense project.

So for now I recommend you make your licenses permanent at SM while they're still up: https://pgportal.smithmicro.com/authentication/signin

Just fill in your license info and if you see this: Poser Pro License type: permanent License state: enabled then you're in business.

Then block Poser from accessing the internet using Advanced Firewall just to be sure. That way you can keep using Poser the way you wish until you're ready to upgrade to 11.2. Obviously, unblock Poser when you do this.

PS: if you by chance have to move your installation to another PC in the next month (you never know), if the SM server is still active you can unblock Poser, deactivate the license in Poser, and then install and activate on the other PC. Then go back to the pgportal and make permanent again. But that will only work if SM is still active.

I expect this should work... hopefully. This is the road I am taking for now, until I'm done with my comic end of this month / beginning of October.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."