Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 ยท 238 posts

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:53 AM

inquire posted at 6:50AM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362764

PilotHigh posted at 4:27PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362443

GuernseyMan posted at 2:03PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362441

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

Thanks.

Uh, as I read it, I would not call this a "Free Upgrade." It says that "after 21 days you will be prompted to purchase a license." So, I think they will deactivate version 11.2 after 21 days.

Is this a free upgrade? Because on the web page that opens when I click on the link, it says ```

Thanks for your interest in Poser. You can download and evaluate the app at any time. The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number. You will need this serial number to register and download the additional content included with Poser. Please protect your serial number. Usage of the serial number beyond the allowed number of seats or excessive content downloads may temporarily disable your ability to use the software.

So, this seems to be saying that I cannot use my SmithMicro license key, but that I can use the new Poser 11.2 app for 21 days. Then, I will have to purchase a license and receive a serial number. Is this correct?