Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: UNABLE TO CONTACT LICENSE SERVER

burntime opened this issue on Sep 21, 2019 ยท 74 posts

fatmess posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 11:11 AM

Okay, I am trying to be helpful here so don't take this the wrong way. I am hoping this will fix a potential issue for future users / upgraders to the new version of poser. I have used Poser since it first came out and I have a soft spot in my heart for it.

My original Smith Mirco Poser Pro 11 was installed on this PC. Nothing has changed - Windows 7 64 Bit, Avast AV virus software. The new version should work without issue if it is using the same Serial verification system. It is not, so something has changed in the software when it was created / redesigned or somehting was left out. There is something blocking the system from establishing a network connection within the software. For me, it just doesn't work, for others its intermittent. It is a problem with the 11.2 version of the software and I can confirm version 11.0 worked without any problems.

EDIT - Okay... That is 3 people in the UK who are having problems. I was not going to say this because it could have been a coincidence, but 3 seems less than likely. It is possible there is a protocol with certain UK ISP's that is interferring with the software.