Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 · 238 posts

DalekSupreme posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:22 PM

inquire posted at 7:21AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363630

DalekSupreme posted at 3:53PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363622

The latest newsletter states that unless we upgrade poser will stop working... so unless we hand over $99 our expensive software stops... that is extortion is it not? Isn’t that illegal in the USA it is in Australia.

I will have a licence upgrade and bug fixes as option please... and it should be free. In my humble opinion this is not a great way to start a relationship with Poser users.

The licence change is Bondware’s issue not mine to sort out and the developer has a duty of care to fix bugs... as for the new content bundle... great... ask us if we want to pay for that as thats fair. I already own all the headlined content so I don’t need it.

Please can someone clarify the situation as the newsletter and commentary is contradicting itself.

1: the upgrade is compulsory? 2: we have to pay $99 even with the latest version of poser? 3: you can keep your existing preferences?

Some clarity on this would be welcome.

The information given me in this thread (see above) seems correct. If you have, that is, one of the qualifying versions of Poser, you should be able to download it and you will NOT have to pay the $99 fee. The email that was sent out was confusing, at least it was so to me. In my case, for the 11.1.1 Pro Macintosh version that I had, the download installed 11.2.276 right on top of it and picked up my license key during the install. I only had to enter my license key when I wanted to download the additional content zip files. It was all free. No payment was required by me at all. This link should take you to both the Windows and Macintosh download page, and the Additional Content Files link is right there, too: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Thank you. Yes that newsletter was scary to say the least! Thanks for clearing that up.