Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why..........why...........why

soccer coach opened this issue on Sep 23, 2019 ยท 55 posts

gate posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:11 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:06AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363701

Cage posted at 7:49PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363694

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 6:21PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363685

And this having been done by SM, what is the point to come throwing rocks at Bondware/Renderosity?

At what point does 'Rosity own the decision to retain the licensing feature that everyone is complaining about?

I don't even know how much programming (and time) is required to remove such a thing, I don't know if they plan to remove it (and being from Brazil, a country where software piracy is so widespread, my vote would be for them to remove it too, as the program cracks remove that anyway and it only bothers paying costumers), but what I DO know is that most of these complaints are coming from people who couldn't update or had problems during updating - so what is causing problems is the fact that the OLD version cannot connect to SM, and unless the person updates, there's nothing Bondware could have done to prevent this.

From what I understand as well, it's been only a few days and a change like this is EXPECTED to come with problems for some users (and yes, I know it seems like a lot looking at the forums right now - but I'll remind you that most people don't report that they had a succesful update with no problems, and how many users does Poser have again? So I imagine a good majority were successful), but so many people come throwing stones, threatening to sue, complaining that they have to update at all (which Bondware has no choice but to make people do that, there's no way for them to retroactively change version 11.1)

So if SM had plans to permanently activate Poser licenses, why didn't they right before this? If they could do that. But then it was tossed at Bondware to deal with. (And it would have to be a temporary solution to give people time to update calmly - if I remember correctly, if you perma activate and have to change hardware in your computer, your license is used up.)

My bottom line is: ffs why do people feel the need to try to humiliate the staff and threaten to sue? There is no - none - zero - software that never bugs or never has problems with updates.

A pretty normal Panic reaction , Imagine it would of happen to you .... a Decade of invested time in Art.... A Passion.... Just like your coffee every morning.... and one morning Puff just a blank window !!! Shoock This reminds me on my last Hd crashes all gone . What did I have will I ever get it back the way I had it before ? For some Poser is a little treasure I beleive even for you so there might be some small understanding for the few that encounter Issues even if they shout out loud