Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 ยท 238 posts

mdbruffy posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:01 PM

Oh, yes, and it IS Poser 11.2.276, in the About Poser box, so it definitely is the 11.2 version of Poser. Still downloading the extra content.

Wait-a-minute! When I downloaded the new program Thursday night, it was 11.2.272- NOT 276. Wish they'd settle on one verison and stay there. Can I go back and get 11.2.276?

Well, that was the Macintosh version I was speaking of. Perhaps the Windows version has a different version number?

I think I or somebody needs to find out- especially if the later version has fixes the one I downloaded doesn't.

OK, in Poser (the Macintosh version, at least), go to the Poser Menu>Preferences>Misc>and you'll find a Software Update box. Be sure "Check for Updates on Launch" is checked, and you can also press the button "Check Now." I'll try to upload a screen shot. I would not be worried if the Windows version and the Macintosh version have little differences in the numbers at the end, such as 11.2.276 and 11.2.272. You're probably fine if there's no new Windows update when you check.Check for Updates.png

I've done that several times and every time it says my software is up to date. So apparently, Macs have a different version count than PCs do.