Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:40 AM

What you can do is look at one of the computer system builders and see what specs they are using for their graphic set ups. As most of the computer components are available world wide, even if the costs differ widely, it can give a starting point for configuring your own systems. I started looking about two years ago and I looked at a company called Scan.co.uk looking at their pro graphic systems and went from there to look for reviews on the individual components. The reason I chose Scan was because reviews rate them highly and their systems often get very favourable reviews in 3D magazines.

About a year ago I had a slight windfall so in the end I paid for Scan to build the system for me although that was not the intent when I started out. This has been part of my planning for the last three systems spanning the last ten years and it has always worked out well even though the first two were built by me. Both the older systems are still running, one dealing with general day to day stuff and the other giving network render capability.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.