Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 ยท 238 posts

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:59 PM

The only thing I can think of is ... I have CCleaner too. I don't recall using it after uninstalling Poser, as I typically use Revo Uninstaller to search for registry entries that are left behind.

I had some problems during the beta when I was trying to install the beta side by side with the last official release of Poser. And I was having difficulties as well. Even when trying to uninstall the beta release with Revo. Finally, once it was confirmed that the beta was solid and close to release I deleted the previous SM released version and attempted to install just 11.2 as the ONLY version of Poser on my computer. Not over the previous release. Clean install. EXCEPT I made a backup copy of the Python scripts and stuff I had installed. I didn't care about the prefs and stuff, I just started fresh on those.

Well, even using Revo Uninstaller there were some things left behind that were wreaking havoc. So I tried Geek Uninstaller (it's free) and it found some files in a folder that Revo missed and then I was able to install a completely clean version of 11.2.

So MAYBE ... just MAYBE ... you can give it one more try and use Geek Uninstaller and see if (at least) the Kinect error goes away.

https://geekuninstaller.com/