Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Is there a list of what is being updated in the Poser 11.2 files?

Alisa opened this issue on Sep 24, 2019 ยท 44 posts

tsoren posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 7:06 PM

It is coarse grained information at this level. With the actual compare tool there is drill down to see side by side file comparison and exactly what the differences are on each file. I was thinking this is just an easy addition to the current process that doesn't require someone typing up a summary. A typed summary would be the best in my opinion. Something like ReadMe files as someone pointed out in another thread. Just to clarify what the screenshot shows, if you get this information as a text file, it is comma separate values. It can be opened in a worksheet, like google sheets, excel, or libreoffice calc. Then it can be filtered by column heading so all the "identical" rows become hidden and only changes show up. In this case the rows with "Left only" means those files are in the latest version of the zip so they were added. If the row said "Right only" then it means the files were removed. So it does describe: files added, files removed, files changed (just that they were changed, no details). If those files are not on content you care about, then safe to say you would not need the download. I just re-downloaded content files today to see that seems to be only to move the content into a sub-folder. This method would have shown that, so for someone doing their installs manually, they would probably not be interested in re-downloading.