Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

McGrandpa posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 3:28 PM

Hiya Hornet3d! That's a familiar face though I don't recognize the handle. Didn't you put entries in the 2008 BluesDragon FRAZETTA ART contest at DAZ? I tell ya, THAT was a truly fun, GREAT experience!

I don't mind going AMD CPU again, as long as I can get a gobb of cores with hyperthreading! And I see RAM for AMD CPU's is way cheaper than that for Intel CPU's. So, WHAT motherboard is that, the AMD Aorus? So I'd be looking at around $600 for a 32 gig basic 3 setup. Not bad, not bad at all. THIS was $900 way back when. RAM hurt back then!
I have been using Gigabyte motherboards a long time too. They have all been rock solid even in the early days when Asus was taking over the realm. Gigabyte withstood the abuse and criticism without a hitch. Might not have been the snazziest, fastest, most overclockingist....but excelled at staying rock solid. As my current one attests to! Ahh me, my first Gigabyte was also my first 64 bit rig. Still have it, might still work too. But way too old and the OS was XP Pro x64 OEM. Duh. I have built 11 Gigabyte rigs, most for family. 4 for me, one left running. I tend to cannibalize old ones to build up the next rig, and so on. Gigabyte is solid. !!! Thanks for the response!

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.