Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 5:33 PM

McGrandpa posted at 11:22PM Sun, 29 September 2019 - #4364791

Copy/Paste thwarted by missing 'r' in "ThreadRipper". THAT is one whoopa** cpu for a moderate price. Its less than $100 over what I paid for this old Q9550. I LIKE 16 cores with 32 threads. BUT I like the 6 core 12 threads Ryzen 5 gen 2 6 Core, AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 6-Core for under $200 as opposed to $479 for the 16 core. Gosh I am like a kid in a candy store over here at NewEgg! LOL!

I think all the latest multi core AMD CPUs are great value for money and I would have happily gone for the 2600X but I had a slight windfall. The company I had once worked for, and with whom I had a pension, went bust leading to legal battles that lasted the best part of ten years. I had long since given up on seeing the whole saga settled but finally an agreement was reached. I had been 'window shopping' for a new system for a year or more and all of a sudden I had a lot of money I had not really expected so I not only purchased a system but the 2600X morphed into the 1950X along with a load of upgraded ancillaries like 64gig of Ram. I guessed it was probably the only time in my life I would be able to afford such a system and after 43 years of near continuous employment (I was without a job for only six weeks in there somewhere) I thought I would treat myself to a fancy retirement present.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.