Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Is there a list of what is being updated in the Poser 11.2 files?

Alisa opened this issue on Sep 24, 2019 ยท 44 posts

perpetualrevision posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 6:44 PM

I agree with the others that it would be helpful to have some details about what exactly has been changed between the 09-26-2019 downloadable and the one from 09-19-2019, given that installing an update apparently requires me to download nearly 2GB of files again (much of which is redundant, since it's not like the entire app was changed).

Like many others, I have bandwidth limits (with satellite internet) that prevent me from being able to make such large downloads more than a few times a month. When I open Poser, it informs me that an update is available, but I don't want to get the downloadable available today and then find that there's a new one there tomorrow, since I don't have enough bandwidth for that. But if the one there today has notable improvements I could benefit from, then I'd go ahead and get it.

What I'd prefer is if Poser could run an in-app "update" that doesn't require downloading the entire zip again, the way many apps do (at least on my Mac). Only what's actually changed gets downloaded, which uses a lot less bandwidth. But maybe that's not possible for some reason?

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles