Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 12:46 AM

perpetualrevision posted at 6:43AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364810

I know this thread will be of interest primarily to Windows users, but in case there are any Mac users viewing it, esp. MacBook Pro users, I thought I'd add that I've finally been able to outfit a MacBook Pro w/ enough power to run Poser pretty well, even with my modeling app (Cheetah3D) and/or Photoshop CC running at the same time. I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro with 32gb of RAM, a 1TB SSD, a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i9 processor, and the Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB graphics card. My previous MacBook Pro had the same size of SSD, but the RAM, processor, and graphics card are all significant improvements, and it shows!

Well the way the thread has proceeded is certainly heavily Windows based but the title of the thread clearly show no such intent so thank you for adding the Mac information. despite the fact I am a Windows user does not exclude wanting to know of alternatives.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.