Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 12:52 AM

HartyBart posted at 6:47AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364828

An update on my Xeon note (top of the Forum thread). From Seachnasaigh on a Smith Micro Poser forum, three years ago, responding to Nerd 3D. The ideal was then:

"Westmere series Xeon processors X series X5650 through 90. Search eBay for 2x X5650 and look for base units with two CPUs fitted".

I did look at Xeon as a possible system when I upgraded recently the reason I did not go that route was two fold really, the cost of used units here in the UK is a lot more expensive than in the US while the cost of new was much higher than what I paid. I did look at a new Xeon system but it was a lot more expensive than my present system and I was already pushing the expense a lot higher than I had planned. The other factor was that, having built all of my systems for many years, I have reached the point I would rather not and preferred to pay someone else to do it. All of that does not blind me to fact that dual Xeon is probably the way to go.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.