Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: ideal Poser rig?

rainfrey opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 24 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 6:05 PM

McGrandpa posted at 11:55PM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4365036

Wow, you can even find this stuff at Walmart.com! LOL! I have learned quite a lot the last few days. That 16 core CPU is used by special motherboards/chipsets. Most of the mobo's I'm looking at won't support more than an 8 core CPU. But even that one is really really tempting at just $199.99. Just takes me cobbling my pennies together and paying them! 😆

That was one of the reasons I started my research on a site who build computers both for the home and industry markets. What I did was to pick one of their basic configuration for an graphics computer and then used the configure option. This allows you to select the CPU and then go to the options for the motherboard, as the idea is they may have to build it you can only configure motherboards that will support the selected CPU. The same for each component so it gives endless fun playing with configurations and my plan was to come up with the required components and then build it myself, that way I at least knew all my components would work together. In the end that part of the plan changed so once I had my system configured I actually had them build it. Of course it cost me more but they soak test everything for 24 hours so if anything did fail early on they had to change it rather than me. All I had to do was sit back and wait for a fully tested system to arrive on my doorstep and I used the time to plan the software change over from old to new.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.