Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

wheatpenny opened this issue on Sep 17, 2019 ยท 238 posts

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 3:45 PM

Richard60 posted at 3:35PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366050

Well the only other ting is to try it on another computer. In 95 my squadron got 16 brand new computers, my shop got 2 of them (all the same). The two in my shop would not import a text file into Access the other 14 would. Reloaded multiple times using various install disks etc. No help. Finally brought a working machines reg key over and even though they were the same looking at them it fixed the issue. Reload the OS etc and it was broke again. Point being computers are way more different then people think as common belief is that if it runs on one it will run on all, especially if they are the same config. You may be unlucky and have a computer that cannot run Poser 11 no matter what you do.

First up, the only thing not working is Wardrobe Wizard. There is a work-around on that by getting and using EvilInnoce's X-dresser stand alone. Not crazy about it, but's a close second, Second thing is, I don't have another computer to install Poser on. My art comp was originally special built by the shop for me so I'd have a large Hard drive and plenty of RAM for Poser. Third, I've used other programs- Photoshop Elements, UVMapper, Sketch-up- and I've never had any trouble from any of them. Fourth, It's only P11Pro. I've been a Poser user since P5. I beta tested WW when Philc introduced it. This has not happened with the earlier versions of Poser I've used. I guess I'm just out of luck till P12 comes out- just have to hope the problem ends here.