Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Is there a list of what is being updated in the Poser 11.2 files?

Alisa opened this issue on Sep 24, 2019 · 44 posts

MRBlizzard posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 9:48 PM

1.)On the Renderosity site, under our user accounts, we can see the “Orders” that we have purchased. By clicking on the Order #, we can see the items in that order and, at the bottom of the page, we can see the option “Download All Purchased Files”. If I select that, then I get “one zipped file” containing all the files in my order.
Can I use Poser 11.2 file command “Install from Zip Archive… “ on the “one zipped file” to install everything contained in that order. (This would certainly simplify things.) I note that sometimes my orders contain software, i.e. PzDB. (Which I couldn’t get to work.) Will the Poser Installer ignore the software, like PzDB, . . . or hang?

2.)I have been collecting models for a couple of decades, and now that I’m retired, I can turn my attention to animating. In the last months, while examining Runtime structure, and various downloads, including freebees from before 2004, I came across Poser Content, .poc type. Can Poser 11.2 install these? If not, then I expect to install Poser 5 on one of my older machines. Put the old zips in and break out the file types, Geometry, Textures, etc. And manually move them into place. Should I expect that to work?