Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Please Add 32-BIT SUPPORT DROPPED To Poser Store Pages

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Sep 25, 2019 ยท 10 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 03 November 2019 at 5:13 AM

theKageRyu posted at 11:10AM Sun, 03 November 2019 - #4369030

While it is a shame to see 32 bit support gone (same for WinXP support TBH) I do need to ask how many 32 bit machines are still out in circulation? I do not think many are still made new are they? I know I was still using 32 bit for my workstation 2 years ago, but it was a 10 year old machine and I just simply am too poor to upgrade often. Even when that particular machine was built, 64 bit existed, but was still not widely supported in the consumer market (Windows XP64 just came out and was bug ridden and problematic) and I made the call to go with 32 bit. And while I do have many 32 bit machines as backups and file servers, at their maximum memory cap they could barely handle some of my work in Poser Pro(7) and Poser 2012 made them cry - queue manager for 2012 and 2014 often crashed on them, or ran so slowly because of the need for heavy page file use. It is hard for me to imagine many still wanting to use Poser, or most any 3D software on a 32 bit machine these days.

I am not asking to be difficult, I am honestly curious if many still use or buy 32 bit hardware these days?

A couple of years ago I worked in a computer shop and we often tried to make one good computer out of some of the faulty machines left with us. The idea was to make a little more money, recycle some of the working pieces and also give people on a very tight budget access to a computer, even if a low spec one. Even then we never recycled 32 bit equipment and, if I am correct it has not been made for ten years or so.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.