Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

JAG posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 5:21 PM

nerd posted at 5:09PM Mon, 11 November 2019 - #4369798

Not a limited feature, there's a bug biting you.

TL;DR

The GoZ feature isn't locked out for HD morphs. It was used to create the HD morph packs for LaFemme. But, yes there's a bug lurking in there someplace. I've had it blow up HD morphs. Save well save often and never overwrite the last save. Keep tormenting. The no-repeatability nature of subD is a design limitation of Pixar Sub Division. The sub divided mash is created on the fly and even the most minuscule change in the source geometry will change the winding order and/or vertex count in the SubD mesh. That's why there isn't a OBJ to HD mesh import. It just wouldn't work.

It's been my experience that If I do one morph at a time and save between each morph I can "usually" get through without issues. The problems seem to occur when you work with multiple morphs or repeat edit the same one. If you need to re-edit save and reload before reworking the morphs. And again always save the original in case it messes up and you don't notice it..

Thanks for the input on this one. I knew it was either a bug or something. I've tried the save and reopen and it actually makes my problem worse. Literally the only fix I get is to overwrite the name of the first morph. Now just on a side note, in Poser if you switch your Gen3+ figure back to original skinning where Poser's subD doesn't work and you turn on the DSON SubD Mesh resolution options for the figure you can go up as high as you want, and bridge back and forth to Zbrush with no problems whatsoever. So whatever format that DAZ is using for the subD works beautifully. The only problem of course is that Poser doesn't let you bake down anything not in Unimesh format. So you can ever save the HD details you create with the DAZ figures like that. But getting back and forth with no explosions is possible. I'm assuming they didn't use the Pixar format?

Is there a fix in the works here? I mean my gosh this is like the greatest thing since Poser got conforming clothing way-back-in-the-day! Had I realized this feature was there I would have paid for my upgrade to 11! Can you guys/gals work on getting this thing fixed? It's like a vault of gold that we can't open. You're tormenting me because I can see but not use it. Ha, ha.

DAZ intentionally locks out their HD to Zbrush bridge features to prevent outside creation of HD morphs. They told me that directly. I was worried you guys were following suit with it. Glad to hear you're not. It might actually give you a leg up on DAZ if you can get it working consistently. Another feature is that I can't seem to view in subD without it exporting in subD. So everytime I go out to Z, I have to go turn SubD completely off. Having an option to send SubD as part of the Goz popup might be a good change. That way you don't forget and screw it up or have to toggle back and forth. I pose and tweak constantly, so it's not usual for my figures to undergo tens of changes in one sitting. Consistent and simple exchange between Z and Poser is just essential.

Thanks for posting on this one. My appreciation!