Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Next Generation of Poser Figures

EClark1894 opened this issue on Nov 05, 2019 ยท 57 posts

wolf359 posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 4:21 AM

ssgbryan posted at 4:20AM Tue, 12 November 2019 - #4369912

I am with moogal on this - I really don't think there is much more that can be done for a figure within Poser. I have always viewed "better bending" as much of a red herring as communism. The "better bending" crowd will never be satisfied, and quite frankly, I think it is a waste of time to try to cater to customers that won't actually be buying content.

If you are looking for improvements to a figure - take a hard look at the cottage industry that is devoted to fixing the DAZ figures. How many products were made for each figure? Would any of those types of add-ons improve a modern Poser figure? Personally, I think it would be better to add improvements as add-ons. That would make it easier for vendors, and anything that can be done for that is a good thing.

I agree that improved figure tech can only occur inconjuction with updating the core program to support the improvements.

Not to say everything has to be implemented by the bondware team I am all for talented third parties stepping in to fill major gaps in the programs feature set even with $$paid $$ addons .

Does poser have an official SDK??

All of those third party fixes/addons for Genesis such as GENX2, fit control,skinbuilder pro,the IRay skin converters and the hundreds of free scripts for animation etc were only possible because of the freely available Daz studio SDK.

There is even a free 64 bit plugin for audio based lipsinc that parses .dat files from the opensource Papagayo software. in addition to the Three lipsynch options offered by Daz

what is the state of python in poser 11.x??

if some clever programmer decides he wants to fix the broken IK system or improve the lip syncing tools..where does he start??

My website

YouTube Channel