Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

JAG posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 10:53 PM

As promised I did try turning off the external binaries and as I suspected, it did absolutely nothing in regard to the issue with Z. Caisson, you're absolutely right that the subD changed between 10 and 11 versions. In 10 the subD was only a smoothing element, but apparently Smith tried to one-up DAZ by changing the subD with version 11 to actually create a higher resolution version of your base mesh. The problem is, they dropped the ball horribly. As mentioned, Poser is sending out corrupted info (somehow) each time you subsequently bridge the figure to Z. The first time you're fine...bridge and attempt to add a second morph and polys start 'plod'in! The more times you cross over the more it explodes until the figure is garbage. DAZ studio does not have this issue. The SubD range is limited, but 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on, always, always go back and forth with identical data to Z and back. This exploding poly issue is just ridiculous. Basically at this point the one really awesome improvement between 10 and 11 doesn't work and is basically good for nothing more than smoothing a base figure - same as 10. I've really just about given up on it at this point. It's broken and it's not going to ever work without a bug fix. As for your question to Nerd, the button you're hypothetically talking about is the preview/render sliders. Whatever it is set to is supposed to be locking the geometry at that level and freezing it. When it goes to Z it is solid geometry just like a DAZ figure. It's just getting messed up upon return. The figure can be exported as an OBJ from Z without any issue and it's smooth and correct, but send it back to Poser and it's messed up. You also can't get it back into Poser as an Object morph target. This means the figure bridging outbound to Z is not identical to what Poser has in the viewport and as a result, is causing a corruption of the geometry when it comes back I think. Essentially the problem is Poser, not Z.