Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

caisson posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 5:36 PM

@JAG - nope, I think Nerd is saying that as OSD calculates on the fly the geometry is not locked, so OSD looks at it on each import from GoZ and if it determines that the topology has changed it will calculate a new mesh surface which could screw up the morph.

I've done some testing this evening; the most repeatable is this one. I took AndyP11 into ZB at subD 1 via GoZ and wrote Hello World on his chest using the Clay Buildup brush, then returned to Poser via GoZ and applied the morph at 1. Then I exported the mesh from ZB as an OBJ, imported that to Poser. Using Front Camera I switched visibility between them and took a screenshot of each to check and everything appears to line up ok. Repeated the process with the first morph active and ran the Clay Buildup brush over the lettering again to make a more extreme morph, also exported the obj from ZB. This time there were clear differences in the vertex positions between the second GoZ morph and the OBJ export - not enough to blow up the mesh on this occasion, but those differences would accumulate quickly.

Could be something to do with Poser. Could be something to do with the GoZ bridge. Could be something to do with OSD. I did find an interesting thing in the docs - scroll down to the end of Subdivision Compatibility and there is this - "The improved accuracy of OpenSubdiv 3.0 can reach a magnitude that will not go undetected. Whether or not this can lead to visual artifacts is unclear." No idea if it's relevant :D

There is a bug report in GIT (no. 316); I've added my findings to it.

@Ghostman - do you use Clay Buildup to create morphs with? are there any non-obvious things to avoid in ZB for making Poser morphs? I'm wondering about workflow too.

PS. This is a screenshot of the obj and morphed mesh for Andy; they should be an exact match ...

andy-overlay.png

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.