Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

JAG posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 10:02 PM

Caisson:

That poly slide effect is exactly what's happening...it's like the polys get misaligned some how. You can actually re-position them in Zbrush to fix them, but of course upon return, you get all new ones blowing apart. So yep, you're right I think this is definitely what's happening. It's not like it's adding or subtracting polys - just instead it's moving them around with some shooting off into the wild blue. The higher resolution you set the figure to, the more blast you get. The base figure works perfectly without any trouble, but when you apply the HD/subD, that's when the glitch kicks in. So I will guess Z is not what's misaligning. I've also exported the figures out of Z in OBJ format and found no crazy polys - what you see is what you get - so the explosion is happening during the return to Poser. I will note that if you have DSON installed and are using DAZ figures with their version of SubD mesh resolution applied, while you cannot bake the morphs, you can up the resolution and bridge the figure to Zbrush. Of course you end up with two distinct versions of the figure - one low and one high resolution which can be annoying, but you can morph all day long and send it back to Poser with absolutely no exploding geometry effect. So it's not Z I'm quite certain. It's Poser and the new subD system in version 11+. It it were Z then I would think the DSON figures would be misaligning as well and they don't. Only when you rely on Poser's subD feature does it screw up. You know I've tried import/export features to get around the GoZ bridge to create a morph target for the figures and I can't get Poser to create FBM in this manner. I can line up the polys just like you did and it still doesn't seem to like the HD. I can do it all day long with the base figure. But switch to HD levels and it won't work. This is a similar issue with DAZstudio. But in their case they blocked it intentionally to prevent creation of HD morphs that were redistributable (since they charge $40 a piece for such items.) I had one of their vendor management people admit this to me and tell me that only the vendors got the key/bridge to make HD morphs in studio. This was one reason I just assumed Smith/Bondware might be doing this intentionally but Nerd says no. So I'm bewildered that a bug this giant exists and all we get is a note that it might cause problems - good luck! If DAZ can subD and it works (and in Poser no less) then what is the problem with fixing this? I don't know. I'm just so darn frustrated with it at this point. This would be the coolest thing since apple pie if it just worked. I would pay for an upgrade or bug fix just to get this done. That's how much I want it working. If we could create reliably and without issue, HD morphs for any figure and bake them down and save them ---- man...I'd jump for joy. And it's here...it just doesn't work. I'm with you on the OSD - but why would you ever use a system that doesn't lock? Unless it's intentional? Knowing that it doesn't lock seems to indicate to me that it's obviously going to have repetition issues. It just makes no sense. My other question is why does it lock or match on the first morph but gets off on the next? If it can match/lock once, what's going on in subsequent passes? This is by far the strangest glitch I've encountered in 20 years of using Poser. (Yeah, I'm that old...)

Thanks for the testing and input. Any ideas on how to work around this? Perhaps a import/export morph target? Maybe I'm just not doing it right. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears and most appreciative.

JAG