Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

JAG posted Thu, 21 November 2019 at 9:23 PM

Having re-read my own post, I should clarify that Zbrush is not getting the vertexes out of order. It sort of sounded like I might have been insinuating that. My suggestion on the alignment option for the GoZ bridge was only meant as analogy. The problem remains with the vertexes not going to the correct points in 3D space. Poser isn't reading it's own model's returning coordinates correctly. So it's not that the vertex that is messed up is in the wrong order - it's just not in the spatial location it is supposed to be in. In other words, if vertex number #24521 is supposed to be at X=5 Y=3 Z=12, for some reason it's being randomly put at X=5 Y=5 Z=50 and thus shooting off where it's not supposed to be. The re-position starts out being slight but then jumps dramatically with subsequent iterations of the transfer back and forth to Z. Ironically if you send the exploded model back to Z, Z will replicate it perfectly meaning the data isn't getting off going to Z but during the return. But since Z can export a perfect OBJ version of the figure, it's not Z's data that is wrong, but Poser's reading of it. Why the error is random, I don't know. Generally would call that a "bug" or "glitch" I guess. Why vertex #24521 shoots off to the wrong spot while the next 5000 vertexes do not is just weird.

Just wanted to clarify that argument since I mentioned the vertex order correction option. I was just referencing it, not directly saying the vertexes are getting out of order, though I suppose it's possible that Poser is assigning the wrong data to the wrong poly - but we're not talking about a shift of a position but rather a completely wrong location. In other words, Vertex A isn't moving to Vertex Z's position. Vertex A (being the misaligned one) is shooting out to an wild point is 3D space. And it's not always Vertex A that goes haywire. It's random.

I need aspirin.