Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

caisson posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 7:31 PM

The DAZ Studio thing is a total red herring. Sorry, but it is.

I'll state the issue I'm seeing as clearly as I can: if you repeatedly morph the same vertices of any mesh with at least one level of subdivision in a single session they will begin to show errors in their positions which will rapidly cause the morph to fail.

I have tried saving the scene file, then closing and reopening both Poser and Zbrush, loading the scene and repeating the same morph as in the examples I've posted, and it seems to work, the vertices behave as they should.

So this can be worked around - and I believe it is different workflows that explain why some users aren't getting this problem.

@JAG - Poser breaks grouped meshes into pieces internally as part of the rigging process (binding or skinning) - this has been the case since Poser 1.0. It means that before the GoZ bridge you would have to use the original obj file to make morph targets, and reverse deformations were not possible. (Well, colorcurvature did write PML in 2012 to address that lack.) Anyway, point being that exported obj files from Poser always used to have different vertex counts from the original obj, and the fact that it appears that base res exports can be now be used as morph targets is impressive. I am completely unsurprised that subD mesh exports fail though, for the reasons given, and it doesn't seem possible to create morph targets from posed figures, so reverse deformations still need GoZ. So I'm saying I would expect the GoZ mesh transfer of a subD mesh and the obj export of that mesh to have different vertex counts.

No conspiracy required ;)

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.