Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ou est L'Homme?

SeanMartin opened this issue on Nov 15, 2019 · 93 posts

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 25 November 2019 at 6:01 AM

SeanMartin posted at 6:59AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371208

Glitterati3D posted at 12:39AM Mon, 25 November 2019 - #4371200

Oh, I imagine there'll be some basic support at the beginning, and then it'll fall off a cliff because, you know, we really need to talk about Miki and G8F and "why cant the DAZ women be imported into Poser".

I guess L'Homme will be out there for a while, then, like all the others, he'll just disappear. So I gather I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for his appearance, if indeed he ever does.

Once he's created/released, and the vendors create the initial release, it's all up to the customers at that point.

If the customers refuse to support the figure and the vendors, then your prediction will come true.

History bears me out. No matter how well made the mesh, the vendors refuse to support them, because "male stuff doesnt sell!" — never thinking for a moment, that it doesnt sell because it doesnt exist, but that's another point for another time.

I'd like to think L'Homme will surprise me. But surprises in Poserdom are few and far between.

My experience with Dusk doesn't bear out that myth. Dusk clothing sold, for me, at a higher ratio of 3:1 to Dawn clothing. However, I was also just about the only one creating Dusk clothing, too.

But, the bottom line is simple. If the customers aren't buying what you're selling, you simply quit selling it.