Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Comic Stuff

quietrob opened this issue on Jul 17, 2019 ยท 196 posts

quietrob posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 1:18 PM

HartyBart posted at 11:04AM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371379

Demo of a minimal-postwork workflow in Poser and Photoshop. This keeps colours, inks, shadows all on their own layer, and thus easily edited. The Photoshop import and layer-blending can be automated by recorded Actions, once you have your workflow nailed down. The starting colours render could easily be normal colour flats under IBL lighting, here it just happens that a fast Sketch render was being used as a more artistic starting point.

biobotic-demo.jpg

Your tips are well recieved. Thank you for the knowledge. I do have a couple of questions.

1. You said remove Gamma via the default script. Where is that script? I can't seem to find it. I do have a LOT of scripts so perhaps you can tell me where to look.

2. Inking is one of the things that really gives comics it's look. I always ink by hand (WACOM TABLET) but anything to automate the process is welcome. I am not quite certain how to go about your process. I know there is a pen setting but it still would leave the colors intact, wouldn't it? I'd still have to remove the colors by hand. How to render an ink only render would be precious knowledge and worth the price of a cheeseburger (If you're not from the USA, it's our greatest contribution to the world of food. That and French Fries which aren't really French. Much respect to the French, they are really good at Bread. I mean, how good is a croissant?)

So a little clarity pleased. I do have a comic tutorial that I can post in return but it's a youtube video. The last one I posted wasn't well received. I literally got about 60 views and ZERO comments.