Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ou est L'Homme?

SeanMartin opened this issue on Nov 15, 2019 · 93 posts

SeanMartin posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 11:00 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 11:27PM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371479

MKDAWUSS posted at 9:21PM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371467

I'm not quite sure what to make of L'Homme being just a morph set for La Femme. Is this more likely to keep him viable or will he just be an afterthought for La Femme? I would like to see some viable males. So far, we're spoiled for choice when it comes to female content (morphs, clothes, hair, other accessories), while male content is a different story.

I do hope both are here to stay for a while.

Well, if you think about it, there are multiple advantages to this approach:

First and foremost, by creating unisex clothing (see the Fantasy Armor set above) the morph reduces the risk to vendors with non-selling products. There will be 2 figures who can use the product.

... which means it has to look good on her for him to get anything whatsoever.

Y'know, I went into this whole L'Homme thing thinking, Great, we're gonna get a new male figure, and it's gonna be awesome. But since then? No previews of any kind, which is never a good sign, and now the realization that it's just a morph of LaF, and now anything that gets done for him is just gonna be some "unisex" thing so she can, as usual, look amazing with clothes cut to down here and three quarters' of her breasts on display.

C'mon, guys. Seriously? You're hobbling this mesh from the very start and reducing it to just another prop in the La Femme world. "Oh, but they can wear each other's clothes!" Yeah, got it. That's not much of a selling point, sorry. And yes, I realize I'm saying this while using a main character mesh myself that's an adaption of the old Krystal — and in the process found all manner of issues in texturing because the obj file is still Krystal, which means polygons have been moved around and squished together so it generally makes it really difficult to create good looking textures for anything without them being distorted — and now I can expect the same from the male flagship character from Rendo?

Seriously?

Not kidding, I am seriously close to being over this nonsense. Why does every damn thing in the Poserverse have to revolve around the needs of the freaking female characters? This is just continuing the mindset that the guys, as much as they are around here, are distantly secondary and not worth anyone's attention because, you know, guy stuff doesnt sell and we really need 875 bra and panty sets and 2,000 make up "characters" and God only knows how many "sexy teachers" and "sexy schoolgirls"... so why are you even bothering in the first place if this is just going to be a freaking morph that's limited by what the O Holy La Femme is capable of?

He'd better be freaking awesome, like so awesome "he makes Julienne fries and plays mp3s" awesome. I dont want to see some delicate little urban metrosexual that'll look good with all of La Femme's make up applications. Otherwise, honestly, I'm done with this nonsense.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider