Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does Rendo's Poser 11.2 Allow working offline?

consumer573 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2019 ยท 139 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 6:53 AM

movida posted at 9:50AM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371520

At this point I think the only real reason for the upgrade to 11.2 is that bondware replaced sm's phone home utility with their own (maybe more invasive - it seems so if it's calling home more frequently) and redirected to their servers, The extra content was a bribe and distraction:) I do think this was not quite ethical, consumers should have been given an option to keep their 11.1 running as is, and the lacking explanation of what was going on (no release notes for example) indicate a not serious concern with transparency. As for SM - we gave our money to them and they're now out of the country. How convenient.

They have NEVER hid from any of us that 11.2 was basically to rebrand Poser and replace the activation system. They constantly and openly called it a BRIDGE update because of that. If you want to call OUR gifts (as vendors who offered the extra content in hopes of giving back to Poser community and making it more active again) "bribes and distraction" please, feel free to delete the content.

Honestly, you people's desire to find insult in what is simply common software practice is ending up insulting much more than Bondware.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.