Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Comic Stuff

quietrob opened this issue on Jul 17, 2019 ยท 196 posts

quietrob posted Mon, 02 December 2019 at 4:45 PM

HartyBart posted at 1:51PM Mon, 02 December 2019 - #4371897

I'd post a link, but I've given that up in this forum from now on.

Yes, I agree. I think I'll give up this thread, at least. The phrase "pearls before swine" springs to mind.

First to business. The Topaz Clean Plug-in is for Adobe Photoshop and cost 30 bucks. There is a trial period that will expire in 30 days. I'm saving up for it. My budget is tighter than yours. I'm going to get it. Thanks for the tip Harty. For those that use GIMP. I get it. There is, rather was a free version of CS2 out as late January 2019. Things change quickly. If you want to stick with GIMP which is understandable as you can't beat that price, I would say do a little research and you may find the equivalent for the techniques listed above. Try Flatting Scripts in your search engine.

Now then...

Do not cast your pearls before swine. Do not waste good things on people who will not appreciate them. I think is the finishing part of that scripture.

I am the original poster. It's my thread but certainly all are welcome. They are welcome if they want to post tools for whatever software you use to accomplish your goals. They are welcome to post pages of their comic offering whether completed or a Work in Progress (WIP). They are welcome if they just wish to comment or offer valid critiques based on their own experiences. You never have to agree with their critiques. Nothing is more subjective than art. You never have to defend your technique whether that technique is to use a rendered image or turn that rendered image into something more traditional. Many times, in other threads, I've heard digs both backhanded and obvious that assail those who wish to do pinups. They are welcome too. Show me a comic by any of the mainstream houses and I can show you a swimsuit issue, or even a girl with a sword in front a temple by their comic hero or heroine. Yet even those Pinups are only valid because they relate to a good story. Write a good story and those skimpy bikini clad heroines will have an extra dimension to them. There are those who only wish to tell jokes and make us laugh. They are welcome too. Divergence from a topic doesn't kill a topic. It opens new avenues and ways of thinking. Even purer than that, there are few things better than watching milk snort from Afrodite-Ohki's and Miss B's nose at the same time.

I've wrote Harty and peppered him with questions and he's been kind enough to provide illustrations as to his workflow. Reveal tips and tricks that profit us all. I'd made over 200 pages of comic art and only stopped for reasons that those know me well understand. I loved doing it and will do it again. Even after making so many pages I found he knew ways of improving comic art or the workflow for those of that use Poser and an art enhancement software of their choice, that I didn't know. Every person that makes comics has resources and we all benefit when that resource is shared. Especially when the only benefit to the person is doing a kind thing for others. It's why I'm incredibly indebted to rokket and his modeling skills, his experience in drawing comics (by hand!) and ideas of good characters and good stories. It's why I appreciate Harty, who is very busy, coming here and sharing his knowledge. If you leave the thread, just know you have my thanks.

"Cast ye not pearls before swine." Excellent advice. However, I see no swine here. Only comic creators. Like me. And you. Rokket, Harty, Earl, Sean Martin and Ester, You are appreciated.