Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: What figures are best for Poser 11?

Cosmasad1 opened this issue on Nov 18, 2019 ยท 18 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Wed, 04 December 2019 at 11:36 AM

"The... most versatile," eh?

Okay, this is strictly my opinion, but La Femme is just too new to the marketplace. There are almost no clothes, expressions or poses available for her. If you choose to use her (or Pauline, for that matter) you are going to have to do almost everything by hand. This will doubtlessly change over the next year, but for now I have determined that, for my own comics projects, she's not ready for prime time because of the amount of time it takes to do everything by hand.

Victoria 4 and Michael 4 can be had dirt-cheap over at Daz: just wait for a sale and pick up the base or pro bundles. You will then find a lot of content available for them, including hair, clothing, expressions and poses. You can also purchase many Elite and Morphs++ that will enable you to change ethnicity and body types far more easily than you can with La Femme. There are also a LOT of free clothes and pose sets out there for Victoria 4 and Michael 4.

Look, if you're on a tight budget, then sticking with the figures that ship with Poser is a smart bet. If you have a little money, you cannot go wrong by investing in Victoria 4 and Michael 4. Yes, those figures are more than 10 years old, but there's a reason that people like me still use them. They have ENORMOUS back catalogs of characters, skins, hair, ethnicities, body types, clothes, weapons, and scenes available for them.

Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity