Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Having issues with GoZ integration with regards to SubD

JAG opened this issue on Nov 10, 2019 ยท 61 posts

GhengisFarb posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 10:44 AM

JAG posted at 8:28AM Fri, 13 December 2019 - #4371431

Caisson,

I just wanted to make a quick point on the business practices which you used to divert the matter away from DAZ...{entire unabridged novel War and Peace}...I hope someone is listening and realizes that I have made valid points. I hope in the end, it helps.

I agree with most of Caisson's observations. I think a subscription model is likely inevitable. How it's implemented will determine if it kills or saves Poser.

1. If you charge monthly for something your competition gives away for free you're probably going to be in trouble. DazStudio is free, if the new version of Poser is subscription based and prior versions are left along and not forced to deactivate, but the subscription model is constantly supported, gets new features that work well, people will willingly go to the subscription model for the better software and features and this will likely work.

2. I have been an avid Poser user since Poser 4 (I had purchased Poser 2 but hadn't used it much) but I think you're going to have to suffer through a period of "rebuilding" like sports team do where you're not a profit but building confidence for your software before you start making profits again. I think that a more lucrative strategy than trying to make a profit right off the bat in the face of Daz3D war against you.